Reference & Research Services
- Data requests and searching: Information Services staff assists researchers with locating data relevant to their research, including performing searches for data sets, variables and documentation.
- Document acquisition and retrieval: We will locate, retrieve, and/or acquire reserach material for researchers via InternLibrary Loan, pick up from Penn Libraires, or purchase research material online for the Demography Library collection.
- Literature Searching: Information Services staff perform electronic searches for literature on specific topics as well as in-depth literature searches to survey the literature on broad and interdisciplinary topics as requested.
- Create bibliographies for researchers and grants: Information Services staff performs electronic searches for literature on specific topics as well as in-depth literature searches to survey the literature on broad and interdisciplinary topics as requested. Maintain bibliographic databases for researchers at the center for use with grant reporting and on the website.
- Citation verification: We provide assistance with locating complete citations for items where there is missing bibliographic information.
- Assistance with special research projects: We provide assistance with research projects and with locating research material, organizing information or documents, and other similar types of services. In some cases additional staff is required to carry out the work for the project and hiring a student worker may be needed.
- Obtain and interpret journal guidelines and instructions: We'll locate the guidelines and instructions for submitting papers to various journals for researchers and assist with interpreting the rules for references.
- Library services: Maintain the physical collection, the online catalog, and course reserves. Manage circulation, aquisitions, and the physical space.