The 2017 Annual Meeting will take place in Chicago, IL on January 6-8, 2017 (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). The headquarters hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Chicago; the co-headquarters hotel will be the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel & Towers.
The AEA, in conjunction with 56 associations in related disciplines known as the Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA), holds a three-day meeting each January to present papers on general economics topics. Over 13,300 of the best minds in economics are assembled to network and celebrate new achievements in economic research:
- Program: Offers in-depth coverage of economics topics across many disciplines via hundreds of speakers and panels.
- Job Interviews: The concurrent economics job fair brings together thousands of job-seekers and recruiting companies in pre-registered interview sessions.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, lectures, and many networking opportunities are also part of the experience.
- Proceedings: The American Economic Review publishes a Papers and Proceedings edition in May highlighting selected papers from the meeting, and a limited number of sessions are featured on webcasts.
- Exhibit Hall: Meet representatives offering specialized products and services serving economists and those in related disciplines.
ASSA is the premiere event to expose your work with colleagues and hear about the latest research emerging in the field. Economists from around the world take advantage of this unique opportunity to share, collaborate, and learn…all in one place.