The symposium will bring together participants across sectors and disciplines with an interest in urban health including researchers, practitioners, policymakers, planners, environmentalists, students and other stakeholders. We welcome participation from different career stages and geographic areas. The poster session and reception will take place on the afternoon of September 5, 2019. The poster session will cover a broad range of research topics related to urban health and provide an informal setting to discuss the themes of the symposium. The deadline to submit an abstract for the poster session is May 15, 2019.
Submissions will be evaluated by senior scholars affiliated with PSID based upon several factors, including:
• The substantive or methodological motivation for the study;
• The quality of study design, including the choice of appropriate research methodology and data; and
• The significance of the submission in terms of extending scientific knowledge.
Submissions will also be selected to balance topics, disciplines, and the different PSID data sets being used. Submission Instructions The submission webpage is: https://psidonline.isr.umich.edu/conference/registration/
The following items are required to be submitted through the webpage:
1. An online form with: • The name, email address, telephone number, institution, and curriculum vitae for the corresponding author and all coauthors; • The title of the paper;
2. An abstract (1,000 words or less) which should include a description of the topic to be studied, the theoretical focus, and the data and research methods.
Contact information For further information, please contact Narayan Sastry (email@example.com) or Patty Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Union for African Population Studies (UAPS) would like to officially announce the theme for the 8th edition of the African Population Conference (APC): “Harnessing Africa’s Population Dynamics for Sustainable Development: 25 Years after Cairo and Beyond”
The 8th APC will be hosted by the Government of Uganda in Kampala, Uganda from November 18-22, 2019.
Click here to read the concept note on the theme for the 8th African Population Conference.
To submit an abstract please complete the online submission form below. This should be completed by the lead presenting author. Once you click ‘finish’ your abstract will be sent to the organising committee for consideration. Successfully submissions will be allocated a 20-minute presentation slot, so you should plan to speak for 15 minutes and allow 5 minutes for comments and questions.
If the number of abstracts submitted is more than can be accommodated using the conventional format of presentation then we may include some roundtable sessions. If this is necessary then similar papers will be grouped together.