Empirical and methodological papers are equally welcome. Topics of the Symposium include, but are not limited to, the following research areas:
- Data and methods for the analysis of mortality, life and health expectancies.
- Mortality in period and cohort dimensions. Measures and models.
- Frontiers of longevity. Survival and health at advanced ages.
- Health and survival of women and men. How to explain the paradox?
- Causes of death and the health transition.
- Mortality convergence and divergence across countries. The East-West health divide in Europe.
- Regional mortality variations and its determinants. Socioeconomic differences in the face of death.
- Use of HMD and HLD for estimating and forecasting mortality in developing countries.
- HMD, HLD and related online resources. New opportunities and challenges.
If you are interested in contributing to the 4 th HMD Symposium, please send a 300+ word abstract or draft paper to the following address (email@example.com
) with Cc: to Dmitry Jdanov (Jdanov@demogr.mpg.de
) by 19 February 2017. Please make sure to include: the provisional title of your proposal, the full name(s) of each author, the affiliation (full name of organization and department), and the e-mail address(es). Applicants will be notified if their paper has been accepted by 17 March 2017.